Friday, May 3, 2013

Mother's Day Fun!

With Mother's Day coming right around the corner, I have had my thinking cap on. For myself? No way, for the grandmothers! Isn't it amazing that on Mother's Day, we still can't kick back and enjoy? I think I get a 5 minute celebration but it's hurrrrryyyy uppppp the rest of the day as we rush to Mass and then off in the car for a 1 hour and 30 minute drive to meet Nana and take her to brunch to celebrate, then a hurried phone call to Mexico to wish my grandmother a happy day. Grab the check from brunch and hop in the car for an hour to the cemetery to drop some flowers off to my other grandmother. A full speed drive for another 40 minutes to see my mother-in-law and husband's grandma for dessert before the final 1 hour and 20 minute drive back home, where we arrive exhausted and a bit late for people that must be up early for work and school the next day. Insanity is the true word.
We are keeping the gifts fairly small this year as the budget is tight with property taxes being due! In place of the cards, I made up these cute little newspaper templates for the kids to write personal notes to their grandma & nana!
The Grandma Gazette was done first and I printed them on manila paper to give that aged look. The kids used colored pencils, markers and crayons to brighten the pages and even used real photos on some.
The Nana Gazette was next! I was going to make it the Nana News but the kids just learned the word Gazette and it stuck, they liked saying it and wanted to keep it again! 
Enjoy every minute and try to take at least 10 minutes for yourself!

Photobucket
   Follow Me On Facebook!
   Follow Me On Pinterest!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...