Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Welcome Wednesday & Classroom Tip!

Happy Wednesday and a great big WELCOME to all my newest readers! I hope you all know how much I truly appreciate your finding my little corner of the Internet and following along. I love reading your comments and e-mails and enjoy chatting with many of you over on my Facebook Page. I hope you enjoy what you find here and know that it warms my heart to share with you the ups and downs in our life!
Our mailman came bright and early today and showed up with many packages! Don't you just love days like that??? Each and every package was chock full of books! We ordered some for our Summer Curriculum and others just for fun! What's your favorite thing to get in the mail?
I found this LARGE cork board at an estate sale for a whopping 1.50 on half price day and I couldn't wait to get it home. Behind this space is where our fuse box is located and it's hideous as are all metal doors. I first framed out the box in wood and then put 2 nails into the wood, so that I could suspend this cork board over it and completely cover it up! Now it's easily removed and yet covered nicely. The next step was to make this board somewhat prettier. I didn't want to spend any money on  bulletin board sets at the teacher store, so I only used what I had on hand.
Voila! I love the punch it packs with color! It holds important information that we have going on at the moment, along with our reading chart. Our goal is to read 100 chapter books this Summer!! Hopefully we can do it!

 Now, about that Classroom Tip. Look below the cork board. See that curtain rod? It's a skinny cafe rod (about 2.00, but our house came with 50 or so of them when we bought the place!). I have it held up by 2 cup hooks and now it holds an assortment of flashcards! The cup hooks make it easy to remove when needed and the binder rings on each set of flashcards make them easy to flip through and store. No more torn and bulky boxes.
Enjoy every minute my friends!!

Photobucket
   Follow Me On Facebook!
   Follow Me On Pinterest!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...