Thursday, April 26, 2012

DIY Favor Plate!



My daughter is making her First Communion on Sunday & as I mentioned in a previous post we decided to have the kids from school have a hand in making her favors. We purchased rosaries made by the Rosary Makers club at school and placed them into a pouch with a gift tag. This was a lot of fun to do together and the best part was that everyone was involved. I wanted the rosaries to be displayed in a cute way at the reception so my brain started working!
While picking up a CROSS hole puncher at Hobby Lobby (to make our own confetti), I came across their EASTER items for 90% off!! I found this GORGEOUS plate that would be PERFECT as First Communion decor and at 1.00 after the discount, I couldn't turn it down!
I wanted it to have a pedestal look, but with the plate costing only 1.00, I didn't want to spend too much money! Enter a .10 punch glass found at an Estate Sale!! I glued them together and BAM! Instant display stand!
Adding the rosaries and their pouches on the plate made me realize just how versatile this piece will be in the future! Dessert Stand, Soap holder etc...you name it, we can do it!
The end result was a nice low pedestal display plate that will sit at the entry table in the restaurant for guests to grab their favor as they sign a guest book of memories for our little one!



Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...