Saturday, April 6, 2013

Healthy Snacking

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend! We are spending the weekend at home working around the house and just enjoying our time together. This past week, we have been discussing the importance of snacking healthy and I love using visuals like this, so that the kids can SEE what is good for them.
 
Keep that fruit from going moldy and keep your family snacking healthy!! I always have small bowls of fruit on tables in the living room, dining room and kitchen. Whenever the urge to snack hits, there is always something fresh and ready. I have to refill the one in the upstairs living room sometimes twice a day. I plan on adding one in the kids living room in the basement soon!
When we are out of fruit, I move to veggies too! This was 2 full bags of  baby carrots and the 1 bowl of celery were all gone within 3 hours. It's amazing to see how much children eat when it's just put right in front of them, go ahead, try healthy grazing!

I printed this image out and then slipped it in a page protector, so that it could become their new placemat. This is a simple way for them to see what they are eating for dinner and to make sure they are eating properly. It's a great visual for mom and dad too!

Photobucket
   Follow Me On Facebook!
   Follow Me On Pinterest!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...