Thursday, May 14, 2009

Little Ones....

I have 3 little ones and I love to teach them new things. I love seeing their little eyes light up when they actually understand and 'get' something! Our latest this season is our annual container garden. We started growing them when the kids were babies and figured it was time for them to tend to their own. Their 2 small boxes sit on their picnic table, so that they can actively participate in the growing. They planted them, water them and even bring them inside when the winds pick up or the rain gets to be too much. Children seem to really soak up knowledge at this age! Needless to say with a 4,3 and 1 year old they have already tipped one over a bit :) But it was a learning experience. They are seeing how it's now taking a bit longer for the strawberry seeds to sprout. I spend a lot of time with my kids often wearing me out by days end (which for me is 3am! haha), and sometimes I don't feel like it's enough! They get 1 hour of tv time in the morning that helps me get so much done, but I still feel guilty! haha! I will fully admit that I have about 3 loads of laundry sitting in the laundry room and my bedroom is a disaster. I have toys on the living room floor that should have been picked up before I sat down at the computer, but I like my quiet time. For me this time is for the children, I will never get older and say 'I wish I had cleaned up a bit more'.

2 comments:

sassypackrat said...

You never get the time with your children back. It passes so quickly that it's wise to grab every moment you can!

pnkgeeni said...

You're such a wonderful mommy. I could never survive on 1hr of tv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...