Monday, May 3, 2010

Rockford, IL Farmers Markets


I'm a HUGE fan of fresh produce! I shop 4 times a week for my groceries and am in actual HEAVEN when I am out of the Country at open air markets. My favorite time of year is when the snow has melted and the sun is shining bright, the breeze is light and the farm stands are up. Farmers Markets are a way of life for me during the summer months and I love hitting them up as often as I can. Here is a list of Rockford Area ones that I frequent and some that I hope to visit this year. It's a fresh list, since the season has just begun and I have not gotten all the start dates yet, so I will be updating it as the times and dates come in!

Rockford
COLONIAL VILLAGE FARMERS' MARKET
Newburg Road & Alpine Road
Late May through October, Fridays from 9am to 1pm.
815-398-3350

Rockford
EDGEBROOK FARMERS' MARKET
Edgebrook Shopping Center
Wednesdays. May 5th - last week in October: 9 am to 1 pm.
815-226-0212

Rockford
KLEHM ARBORETUM FARMERS' MARKET
2715 South Main Street
Mondays, 4pm to 6pm.
815-965-8146

Rockford
MIDTOWN FARMERS' MARKET
222 Seventh Street
Fridays, 3pm to 8pm.
815-961-1269

Rockford
NORTH END COMMONS FARMERS' MARKET
1400 North Main Street, West lot
Saturdays, May 22 through October, from 8am to noon.
815-962-1234

Rockford
RIVER DISTRICT FARMERS MARKET
YMCA South Lot, 215 Y Blvd
Tuesdays and Saturdays, 8am to noon.
815-964-6221

Rockford
PERRYVILLE FARMERS MARKET
Perryville Commons, South Perryville Road and Fincham Drive
Saturdays through October from 9am to 1pm.
815-229-3000


We usually spend our weekends in Geneva and they have a FANTASTIC open air French Market in town near the train depot. It's a great market with fantastic produce, I love the Granola and the flowers! This Market is on Sundays and on Saturdays is the Community Winter market, so as you can see I cover my bases wherever I go!
Share some of your favorite markets, no matter where you live!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...