Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shopping....

I'm in the market for a new bike. Unfortunately at 4ft 10, I'm having a VERY hard time finding the bike I want, that is not for children! haha! I fell in life with the Electra Townie, only to find that the features and color I want are not made in my size. I have been told that possibly the Hawaii will fit me, but let us hope, I can get that in the right color. I have my eye on the Electra Daisy as well, but not many retail outlets keep them on hand as they do not sell often. I am hesitant to pre-order a bike, because I want to feel it first. I want to be able to ride it and like the ride, before I pay 500.00 for a bike. My husband on the other hand is trying to convince me that any old bike will do :) Here I am at Dicks trying just any bike with a sort-of retro flair feel. (Note to self: No heels when trying bikes) It was alright, but I really have my heart set on the Electras. Husband has his heart set on anything cheaper! haha! What kind of bike do you ride?

2 comments:

pnkgeeni said...

That Electra Daisy bike is gorgeous! (You could spray paint it pink) and it seems perfect for you. Could a store order it just to see if you like it?

My second bike, when I was about 10yrs, was actually from a skip. My dad just painted it - I think it was a Christmas present too.

missknits said...

so did you decide on a bike or get one? isn't it crazy how much they cost now? and sadly at 500 thats not the most expensive ones! lol geeze! but i love the electra daisy one too! lovely!! and i'm short too (shorter than you believe it or not) and its hard to find anything my size thats not a childs! ahh fun! lol hope you had a great memorial day weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...