Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Flea Market Finds!

As you all know by now, I'm a sucker for a junk shoppe, yard sale and thrift store! When we saw that there was a flea market being put up near by we headed over. All in all, I was not thrilled with what some people were trying to sell. So much garbage, torn and broken stuff, not to mention all the dollar store items. Let me say it first, I HATE no I DETEST when people think they can buy stuff from The Dollar Tree in bulk and set up at flea markets and the like. These are NOT items that belong here. I cannot stand that the venues holding these events are so in need of the 15.00 that they accept the booth fee and disregard their own rules for a: Vintage Flea Market. If the people lied on their application, then they should be made to leave no matter how long it took them to set up their boxes of crap. (can you tell this is a huge pet peeve of mine???)

We biked to a flea market today and these are my goodies I came away with! 4.00 spent!
L-R:
Heart Shaped Glasses in bold red that will be perfect for some of my plain outfits that need a little pick-me-up. They are HUGE!

Black and White 80s earrings (Acrylic) they are chunky and sooo funky! These will be in the shop soon....if I don't keep them for my personal collection!!!

These fabulous gnomes were cupcake toppers, but I took off the bottoms and they are on their way to being an awesome charm bracelet!

2 comments:

PussDaddy said...

I like the little people you found.

PussDaddy

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

Hi Michelle, thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. I always like hearing from fellow Chicagoland thriftaholics! Any vintage tips for shopping in Geneva??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...