Monday, July 12, 2010

A Love of Vintage Buttons....

I LOVE vintage buttons! They seem to want to share a story of the times and things they have seen. I love how buttons did so much more than just cinched clothing. They were intricate, they were made of wonderful materials and different shapes. A plain sweater was made so much more elegant with a rhinestone button or a celluloid one. My collection has gotten so big, that I had to begin sharing these buttons in a way that did them justice. I started making jewelry that got so many compliments that I started selling them. I was excited to find the above sill glove box and vintage buttons at an estate sale this past weekend and I fell in love.


What do you enjoy collecting?

3 comments:

PussDaddy said...

I like buttons too. Vintage ones, new ones, cheap ones, whatever, as long as they are cute or pretty.

PussDaddy

missknits said...

love vintage buttons... hmm isnt that how we met?? lol i love love that necklace!!! so cute and creative!

what do i collect? hmm buttons! (surprise surprise) i'd say yarn... but not sure its a collection so much as a room full??? lol i collect masks too - from all over the world!

missknits said...

love vintage buttons... hmm isnt that how we met?? lol i love love that necklace!!! so cute and creative!

what do i collect? hmm buttons! (surprise surprise) i'd say yarn... but not sure its a collection so much as a room full??? lol i collect masks too - from all over the world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...