Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quick Tip!

Hello friends!! Sorry I have been gone for so long, with no notice! My Wedding Anniversary was this past weekend (7 years married and 11 together!) and my husband has been sure to make it a whirlwind of a weekend! We had an absolute blast spending it together as a family! We had some bumps in the road over the course of the weekend, but that is to be expected. All in all it was so wonderfully exhausting, that I didn't even get up to run today! YIKES! Now, on to my quick tip!
As many of you know, I love to squeeze 100 uses out of everything that I purchase. It makes me feel like I am getting more bang for my buck and it gets my brain working overtime! I love flashcards, whenever I see them, I get some. I give them as gifts to teacher's that make them a requirement (too many children can't seem to afford the basic school supplies at times) and I like keeping a variety on hand when my children are studying! Sometimes the most mundane of activities becomes more fun for a bit when there are new flashcards for it!! This weeks tip is to snag your numbered flashcards and put them to work for you!

I have started documenting the school year with flashcards! The set I have goes up to 200 and it's perfect for giving them 1 card and taking a photo somewhere on school grounds with it. The kids have been having so much fun with this idea. One time when the teacher forgot to mark how many days they were school (100 day countdown), the children were able to help out, since they remembered what card they had used that day!! 
Have your children already started school? No worries, it's still early enough to catch on, even though it won't be as authentic. The purpose of my project is to keep my kids counting in fun ways AND at the end of the year to see how much they have grown. We will put these in a colorful album and have a mini scrapbook of the school year. How do you catch up? Each day until you are caught up, have your child take 2 photos, holding the number of that day, along with a previous number, BUT NOT in order. It is bound to happen where your kids will wear the same outfit more than once to school and it will go unnoticed (especially if they are in a private school like mine lol!). Just change the location of each picture and you are all set! Hope you liked my tip!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...