Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Calling...

Wednesday is here and instead of going wordless, I seem to be getting incredibly wordy. We all constantly hear about people and their work and how they were 'called' to it. I was a Travel & Tourism major in college & absolutely adored all the traveling I did and studying about various people and places. It was a true pleasure to do these things all day. Then my oldest came along, followed quickly by the other 2 and it was time to go through with what we had decided before my husband I had even gotten married. It was time to be a full time Mommy.

I drive several carpools and quite frequently have more kids in the car that are NOT my own, than ones that are and we always have fun. A small igloo cooler always sits between the 2 front seats, filled with juice boxes, water bottles and small snacks to take care of those after school muchies. When I walk my children up to their classrooms, so many kids know my name & some even run to hug me. These little things that seem ordinary to so many, make me smile. I volunteer for everything that comes my way and love every minute of if.

Last week as I drove another van full of children home and they all rushed to tell me about their day, I realized something. I had the realization that no matter where I had imagined myself at the age of 31, the exact opposite had happened. The noise in the car was seriously deafening and here I was grinning from ear to ear. I was exactly where I needed to be, doing exactly what I was called to do. I was a Mother and I was absolutely loving everything about it. With my oldest being 7, I know it took me a long time to realize it, but when I did it changed everything. I wasn't just driving kids home, I was serving a purpose. I was called to do this, to help out struggling parents to help my children become the best people that they were called to be and most of all to spread my joy.

To many, I am 'Just A Mom' but to the important few I am so much more. For once in my life I realize that, I know this now and I cannot wait to see what the Future Has To Offer Me...

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...