Monday, January 5, 2015

Picture Books & Meals on Monday

Happy Monday my friends, what a long and wonderful break. I needed a break from it all and found solace with my grandmother. She passed on 17 years ago, but I was so close to her that it was a devastating loss to me and she is one person that I think about daily. I really wish she could have met my husband and children. Sometimes a calming moment with her makes the start of the year something to look forward to. I hope you all are ready for this new year as well!
In this New Year I am hoping to spend more time with the Good Lord and reading his word. I plan on journaling more often and listening more. This is also something I am introducing into our religion class and hope that it makes for a very spiritual 2015
Why is it that we all begin to organize in the beginning of a year too? Our classroom is undergoing a makeover to adjust to our daily needs now that we have older students and no beginning readers or kids learning how to count and the like. One thing we still have though? Picture Books! We will keep these forever!! I despise book jackets though, they are too pretty to toss but to delicate for little hands that love to love books so what do we do? Use them as display, works of art and eye catching design in a library, playroom or classroom! Staple them up if you will not need them again or even frame them and hang them to preserve their life. Why hide the jackets, when they, like the books, are true works of art?!
Our oldest turns 10 today...double digits?! Where did the years go and how have I not aged a bit??!! Hahaha, well I will post more on this beautiful princess that captured our hearts upon her first breath and never really gave them back. She is our angel that continues to bring us so much joy and happiness.
Menu Planner!
Monday: Crockpot Herbed Pork Chops served with Green Beans and Rice along with a Garden Salad
Tuesday: Meatball Sandwiches on homemade bread w/ Tomato Slices sprinkled w/ Vinegar, Oil & Basil
Wednesday:  Loaded Baked Potato Soup served with Cucumber Slices sprinkled with salt & lime
Thursday: Chicken Pot Pie served with Ceasar Salad
Friday: Shrimp Scampi over Zucchini noodles served with a caprese salad
Saturday: Curry Chicken and Basmati Rice served with homemade naan and broccoli salad
Sunday: DIY Soup & Salad Bar (we are spending the day working on the attic project that we want something quick and easy!)
Photobucket
   Follow Me On Facebook!
   Follow Me On Pinterest!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...