Friday, October 24, 2008

Colorful World of Plastic

Rainbow Acrylic Rings by 4.00: PenGwynneBeads
I love plastic! I love the way it smells, the colors it comes in, the designs...everything! I'm a plastic fanatic. Sometimes being a plastic worker, I get the disapproving look at craft shows, especially when they come over to my booth and see that some of my work is priced higher than theirs! They key here is to always remain friendly! Even when they tell you it's Kids stuff. I still smile, tell them I like their work and let them know that at many craftshows their are people of all types!
The best part of the day is when my booth is constantly crowded and I am making sales! It makes me feel good and let them know that I know what i'm doing here :) At the end of the show, I usually try and exchange business cards with the other vendors so that they can see that no, what I do is not kids stuff and yes it does sell it was not just a fluke of that one craft show.
Plastic is my childhood, it does look like kids stuff, heck it USED to be! I love giving it a new look, reviving the old and making it funky!! One day plastic will get it's revenge and people will stop looking down on it :) Until then, my love affair with plastics will continue!

6 comments:

Melissa @ Silly Bee's Chickadees said...

Sing it, sister! Weeble Wobbles would have fallen down if it weren't for plastic.

Melissa @ Silly Bee's Chickadees said...

oh, my gosh! You know when you have to type in the squishy text for the word verification? Mine just said "proly". I always say that and I'll proly say it a bunch of times tomorrow, too!

OurWanderingAdventures said...

hahahahaha!!!!! Thanks for visiting! My squishy thing says Ebugg and I think I will start using that word!!

Anonymous said...

MICHELLE!!!!!!! I have to have that lollipop spinner thingy dingy, (for lack of better words to call it). TELL ME PLEASE WHERE I CAN GET IT!!!!!!

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Hey there!! It's on my Etsy Shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_1&listing_id=16520613

I love how bright it came out :)

My mom bought one too and took out the chain, since it's just looped through the top and she has it on her desk :)

Melster said...

oh, my gosh! You know when you have to type in the squishy text for the word verification? Mine just said "proly". I always say that and I'll proly say it a bunch of times tomorrow, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...