Thursday, October 30, 2008

Two Shops Continued.

Goodies and Treasures from MichellesCharmWorld & TheFunkyBeadNButton

Part 1 is down below if you want to start there :)
Looking at the listings all together in 1 shop just kept telling me, though they were the same parts, they didn't look right selling together.
I knew right away the name I wanted for my supply shop, since my destash usually wasn't the normal silver charm and pretty bead. My stuff at MichellesCharmWorld is known as Funky and Chunky, so I wanted to carry some of that over to the other shop so they would have consistency even though they were 2 different shops. TheFunkyBeadNButton was born! It was amazing how quickly it all came together and within my first few days I had been selling like crazy! I couldn't believe how easy it was. Then...I started to get busier in my other shop and the destash buckets kept filling up. TheFunkyBeadnButton was getting neglected and I just didn't have the time to keep up with checking 2 email accounts, and listing in another shop.
The 2 emails is my biggest problem, I already have too many windows open when I work, I didn't need another one. I wish I wish Etsy would let us put 2 shops under 1 email account, that would work so much better than this.
So it started again. I was putting destash in MichellesCharmWorld and it was getting cluttered and messy. It was time to add on the Destash shop into my daily schedule and try and work with it. I now check in in the morning and renew, relist or list anything I have to bring up. I answer all my convos three times a day in that shop and still ship daily. It's rough keeping up with, but I recently hit 100 sales and haven't looked back. Keeping it fresh and updated seems to be the key. People don't want to buy from stale looking shops :)
Get out there, open those shops, dust the shelves and get a schedule going. It's not easy, but it's a necessary evil~ Also keep in mind another shop brings exposure to your current main shop!!




4 comments:

Charles said...

Congratulations on becoming part of blogosphere.

Money Making and Blogging Tips

Maria said...

Hi! Thank you for passing by and for your sweet comment =)
Merylu PetiteFraise

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Michelle,
Visit my blog for a little surprise!
Carrie

Carrie Gonzalez said...

Hi Michelle,
Visit my blog for a little surprise!
Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...