Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thinking About Storage....

Yay! The week is almost over and here we are at Thursday! It's Eclectic Artisan Team Blog Ring Day!!! Whew that was a mouthful!! This weeks topic is about How We Store Our Completed Pieces. It can be so easy to get disorganized when you make several pieces all at once, photograph them and list them. Sometimes you just want a break and want to STOP for a minute. You tell yourself you will put them away later, then it becomes a week later and you sold one of those items and you can't find it right???



Check out our ring and see what we do to store what we create!


At MichellesCharmWorld I make jewelry, so it's lots of tiny little pieces that so easily get lost, if I don't put them away RIGHT AWAY! I have 3 sets of little hands that have walked away with cute and colorful pieces and a husband that moves stuff 'just for a minute' when he sits at my desk. It's so nerve wracking and easy to blame them, but in truth it's my fault for not putting it away properly in the first place.


As soon as I am finished creating an item and I have taken photos, I put it in a plastic jewelry bag and then put it in the right plastic storage container.

I have 1 for Earrings, 1 for Necklaces, 1 for Cell Phone Charm and Purse Charms,1 for Bracelets and 1 for Miscellaneous items. It makes it easier on me to find items, but also for anyone else that does my shipping when I go on vacation or need help along the way!
Check out the next post in the ring on DivaDeas Blog!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get a bit too excited about my storage boxes, lol. Now where to get some more....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...