Thursday, December 15, 2011

Delightful December day 8! Christmas Card Creations...

Wow, I cannot believe that Christmas is practically here! I have been trying to keep up with our daily crafting, but I do not like to post more than 1 post a day on my blog. Looks like all of our December crafts may go in to January! Today, I would like to tell you all about our Christmas cards. We joined an awesome Christmas Card Exchange, hosted by THE TOY BOX YEARS! I signed up my children and before I knew it, it was time to get them made up and mailed out! I started by gathering art supplies of all kinds, because I knew we wanted to make our own cards.

I cut down postcards from thick card stock and gave the kids stickers to decorate any way they wish! All 3 of my children had an absolutely wonderful time doing this. Next, it was time to write to all the kids that would be getting our postcards. We sat and wrote down what we wanted to say, but since everyone's handwriting (including Mommy's) was too big, we typed it up and printed it out! The children LOVED getting to glue down the notes and addresses as well.

The best part was still to come! The letters began to trickle in as the days passed and everyone was THRILLED to be getting mail. My husband even mentioned that in ONE day, he thought the kids got more Christmas cards than he had gotten in his entire life!

With each card that would arrive, we would map out where that card arrived from. We have received cards from AUSTRALIA and ASIA! How amazing is that?! Marking on our USA and WORLD maps has been such an experience for the little ones and for Mommy too. We love learning all about kids around the World and in different states around the Country.

After mapping out where these cards all traveled from, we would punch a hole in the top of the cards and slip them on a binder ring. All our cards can now be flipped through and kept in one place neatly! If the card had a return address on it, we snip it out and glue it to the back of the card, so that we always know where it came from! This has been an awesome experience all around!

Have You Added Me Yet?



Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...