Thursday, November 6, 2014

Upcycle & Play!

If there is one thing we love to do in this house, it is recycle and upcycle! As you can see from almost all of my posts, I enjoy giving everything multiple purposes. This way items are constantly seeing new life and not the trash heap. 
One of our favorite things to do is Cardboard Building! Whenever we get a delivery of something in a large box, the box is always the hot item. First it gets massive amounts of play AS IS, but then it begins to take on a world of it's own when it's starting to get a bit too warped.
Cutting slits into the cardboard makes them stackable now! They use the slits to interlock the pieces and build away!
The best part about cardboad building? When playtime is over, it stores flat! When it gets too torn up, it gets recycled and when it's time for more fun, the cardboard is always FREE!!
Something else we used A LOT around here? Baby Toy Links!! I use them everywhere to hold stuff up. Here they are on our school cart, holding bags of library books and stuff we need for an upcoming project. In my daughters room they hold her purses on a rod, in my room they hold scarves...on and on it goes! 
YES I DO!!! Enjoy every minute my friends!!
Photobucket
   Follow Me On Facebook!
   Follow Me On Pinterest!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...