Thursday, February 4, 2010

Be Mine....

As the Valentine holiday approaches, everyone begins to make or finalize their plans. Romance is on the agenda for some, fun for others, girls and guys nights out, parties and dances and the like. Others call it a Hallmark Holiday and choose to treat it as any other day. As far back as I can remember, I would wake up on Valentine's Day and have a gift basket of goodies waiting for me outside of my bedroom door. My parents are such awesome people, that to this day I still get something for Valentines Day! haha! They just include my husband and our kids now! I knew right off the bat, that I wanted to be the same kind of parents, so we treat Valentines Day just as the other big holidays. Balloons and little gift baskets of goodies and fun. We will also be heading out to dinner as a family, most likely Japanese (our favorite) and then off bowling (our daughters favorite activity) and back at home to watch a movie (our oldest son wanted to do this). Pretty much we just do whatever the kids would like to do for fun!
It's a Holiday of Love and we are spending the day with the people we love most in the world :) Eachother and our children. The following weekend, husband and I are going out for a romantic and sweet dinner at the Signature Room (our favorite getaway location) and my parents will be watching the kids and spoiling them rotten as always! haha! This way, we still get a our date night, but spend the main day with our family. What are your plans?
This was the topic of this Thursdays BLOG RING, to read about what others had to say, please visit our team blog and start the ring there!
http://www.EclecticArtisansTeam.Blogspot.com


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like such a perfect day! Enjoy :-) x

PussDaddy said...

I admit my family never did much for Valentine's Day. My Mom got one of those hearts full of chocolates from my Dad and we kids traded Valentines at school and that is about it. I did want to say that I like that necklace though.

PussDaddy

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Thank you ladies :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...