Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thirty on Thursday...

As it is the Month to be thankful, I am seeing so many people post daily about what they are thankful for. This really had me thinking that we shouldn't need a month to be thankful, we should remember this daily, hourly even. I am truly guilty of taking so much in my life for granted and that has me terrified. I don't want to be someone that just expects things, someone that feels entitled to certain things. For me, this month is a new beginning. A chance to remember and be grateful for so much. As there are 30 days in November, I will share a small list of 30 things I am thankful for. I hope that I do not struggle to find 30 things, that they come easily to me. As a very Blessed individual, I want to make this list, so that I can remember just how much I have. This will surely drag on, so I will break it up into 3 weeks of 10 things. Enjoy! If you have something similar, please link up in the comments!
I am Thankful for...
1. A wonderful husband who treats me as good today as the day I met him. His unwavering patience, overflowing love and incredible heart have me more in love today than the day I met him.

2. My 3 amazing children who keep me on my toes daily and have me wrapped around their fingers. 

3. My parents, they gave up so much to raise me and I am forever in their debt. I hope they realize how awesome I think they are.

4.  The chance to be a Stay-at-Home mother, it has offered me such insight into the daily lives of my children and a HUGE helping hand into their education, that I cannot be thankful enough for this. 

5.  My health. I am only 32 years old and I haven't treated my body as well as it deserves. I am thankful that my health is good and plan on working this next year to make it GREAT!

6.  My Faith. Sometimes when I think that NOTHING could get worse, it does and I usually just want to curl into a ball and cry. At these moments, I turn to my FAITH to get me through the most difficult of times and realize that I have been given this cross to bear, because I am strong enough to get through it.


7. Enough food to eat. There are too many people in this world going to be hungry at night and it saddens me. I am so grateful that we constantly have food on the table, in the cabinets, in the pantry, fridge and freezer. Sometimes I catch myself complaining that we have NOTHING in the house to eat. I need to stop and realize what I am saying and be happy that we always have plenty, even though it is not what I want at that time.

8. My house. It may be small and cozy, but it's wonderful! It keeps us warm and houses the people I love most in this world.

9. My education. I never understood just how much my parents sacrificed to send me to the best schools through college, until I started doing it for my little ones.

10. My grandparents. They have always supported me no matter what and stood by my side cheering me on as I started new ventures. I have only 2 left on this Earth right now, but I carry all 4 with me at all times.





Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...