Monday, February 9, 2015

Meal Plan Monday

My meal plan is running a bit late this week and has been missing for 2 weeks because I have just been going crazy with life. I'm lucky enough that I have content ready for blog posts that I can churn them out and schedule them to post, but my meal plans are done on shopping day and I just never have time to type them up but i'm working on it!
Prepping a stirfry overnight so it's ready to just toss in a wok

As I have shared before, I always know what I am cooking when I go grocery shopping, this keeps my shopping inexpensive and no impulse buys allowed (all that savings is vacation money!!) at any time. I create my menu based on ads from local places as well as what I have in the freezer, fridge, pantry and basement freezer and then online ads from Trader Joes and Whole Foods, as we don't have these in town. 
Making wonton soup was so easy and fun, next time we will make our own wonton wrappers

The MINUTE the bags come into the kitchen, we begin our routine. The kids begin washing produce, putting away pantry supplies and I begin to chop and dice everything that needs to be put away. This keeps our produce from spoiling or going unnoticed. Leave a watermelon whole and it may go moldy, cut it up and suddenly it's everyone's favorite fruit! It's a chore, but it's well worth it to my bottom line. It also makes dinner so easy when I am just throwing it in the wok or in a crockpot. No chopping or dicing required! It also keeps your produce fresher for longer periods of time. 
Ceviche is always a fun lunch staple, so quick and easy

Now it's time for the menu!
As always, most of my recipes can be found HERE!
Monday- Beef Roast over cauliflower rice with fresh green beans
Salad- Romaine & Escarole with Tomato Slices and Lime juice

Tuesday- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Salad- Spinach Southwest with Corn

Wednesday- Shrimp & Avocado Ceviche with Guacamole
Salad- Tomato & Cucumber slices with chile, salt & lime

Thursday- Chicken Gyros served in Lettuce Leaves instead of pita
Salad-Greek

Friday- Out to dinner with friends moving out of state :(
Saturday - Out to dinner for Valentine's Day

Sunday - Italian Wedding soup with homemade french bread
Salad- Traditional Garden Salad bar with choose your own dressing
Eat well and enjoy every minute my friends!
Photobucket
   Follow Me On Facebook!
   Follow Me On Pinterest!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...