Monday, February 9, 2015

Mumblings, Messes, Mondays and Meals

Happy monday my friends, I trust you had a wonderful weekend and are in need of a day off, not more work right? We actually spent our weekend at home and the children were thrilled not be in a car wandering off to a new place. Every now and then, some time at home is a blessing. They pulled out their Doctor set that I put thogether for them with printables I made. Get your own HERE. It is always inevitable that a squabble breaks out on who gets to be the Dr. My 2 oldest just love pretend play but always want to play their own way.
My youngest, is not one for confrontation and he left straight away. I thought for sure he took off to play LEGOS or something else in the playroom, but he was back in 10 minutes with a cart full of cleaning supplies and he decided that he was the man that cleaned the Doctors offices! He grabbed our book cart, pulled the things off of it and loaded it when random cleaning products. The best part? He really cleaned and did it all day long! 
I live about 2 minutes away from a Starbucks and let me tell you how dangerous that is! My addiction is iced green tea and I normally make it myself, but with the gallon of water challenge I am struggling with, I rarely have time for anything else...yet if I see this Starbucks while running errands, I have to pull right in! I'm already in the bathroom more than my 88 year old grandmother, but it's STARBUCKS!! Hahaha...I brew my own at home from teavanna, which I love, but when it's done for you? BONUS! I've already reached gold status in no time and know I must wean myself away...but I always get codes for free stuff...it's like they have a magnetic pull on me. What's your weakness?
This past week, I tried making buffalo cauliflower bites, which were supposed to taste EXACTLY like wings but sooo much healthier.....the verdict? DING DING! These were so good, the pan was gone in no time and even my kids wanted more. Who surprised me most? My husband! He is such a wings man that I thought for sure he would laugh at me and ask me what else I was serving up, but nope..he chomped his celery, dipped them in ranch and loved it all.
Pre-heat oven to 450*
1. Cut your cauliflower into bite sized pieces, I pretty much just kept the crowns.
2. mix 1/2 cup of flour & 1/2 cup of water
3. Coat cauliflower in the above mixture
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
5. Let cool for 5 minutes
6. Mix 1tbsp unsalted butter with 3/4 cup of buffalo sauce
7. Place on baking sheet
8. Bake for additional 5-10 minutes
9. Let cool 5 minutes
10. Serve with skinny blue cheese or ranch dressing, carrot sticks & celery
Enjoy every minute my friends!

Photobucket
   Follow Me On Facebook!
   Follow Me On Pinterest!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...