Saturday, February 21, 2015

Super Saturday

Yay for the weekend, right?! I get so excited for weekends, then I realize that they are 100 times busier than the week. One thing I like to save are those plastic bags that linens come in, we use them for everything around here! Mainly, I like to use them to toss craft supplies in that I keep in the car. This makes them portable for car trips and when we run into places
Our living room furniture has been shuffled around to make room for a First Lego League board for competition. We put the frame for now, until our son's team decides on the layout and then we will make a replica. The perimeter helps him program his bot as he works out different ideas, so that he can bring his ideas to the meetings.
Pesto is one of my favorite things to eat and make, it's so simple and adds so much flavor! Here is my recipe:
2 cloves of garlic
2 cups of fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup of romano cheese (grated)
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of spinach leaves
Dash of salt and pepper
Pop them all into the food processor and mix it up until it reaches your desired consistency. I used it to place over chicken breasts. If you score the breasts on both sides and then place the dollop on top it will soak into the chicken while cooking and keep the moisture in. Halfway through cooking time, flip them over and add a fresh dollop of pesto and finish cooking. Best.Chicken.EVER! Serve it with a Tomato, Cucumber and Vidalia Onion Salad with a sign of broccolini and this is a family fave. Bake your chicken based on the thickness of the breast, I do mine at 450* for 20 minutes (10 on each side).

                              Follow Michelle's board Fun with Food ♨ on Pinterest.
On Pinterest, I post my own personal recipes along with any that I want to try. If you ever see me post a meal on my menu planner, it is always posted above or the recipe will be posted soon!
Enjoy every minute my friends!

Photobucket
   Follow Me On Facebook!
   Follow Me On Pinterest!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...