Thursday, September 3, 2009

I think I can...I think I can.....

Found Searching EART TEAM on Etsy

Today, the Eart Team and I are discussing what is the one thing we struggle with most as Small Business Owners. There are several that find me tearing my hair out, but the main one seems to be production. I sell the most when I list the most new items. We're talking new items, not just renewing or refreshing old ones. I don't know why that is, as I am 90% selling to new customers. Yesterday I spent a grand total of 4.00 in listing and renewing. That may seem to be a lot, but in the end, but the time I woke up this morning I had sold 12 items and a custom request for 2 more. It feels great, but it has me struggling to create more. When I force it, my items come out sub par and not as creative as I would like. When I let me creativity lead the way, I can only churn out 3 pieces at most a day. I have scheduled times to work and when I am not working, I have a notebook in my diaper bag, purse and car that let me write out or sketch ideas as they come. I can only hope that with time, I can keep production up to where it needs to be. I noticed as Summer neared and we were out daily on activities, playing outside or just errands, that my productivity DROPPED and sales slowed. Hopefully that will be enough incentive for me!

If you would like to see what the other Members or the Eart Team Struggle with while owning a Small Business, please drop by AweShops Blog and follow the blog ring we have going on!


1 comments:

missknits said...

interesting! for me its production too i think. Because it takes so long to make one piece, sometimes a week to make one new thing. So i rely a lot on renewing too. and like you, when i try and crank things out faster, i am often not as happy with the end product and rather take my time to make it my best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...