Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tax Time Thursday!


Taxes?! YIKES!! It's almost time huh? This Thursdays blog ring tackles the Tax Topic and whether you do them yourself or you have someone prepare them for you! For me the solution is easy since there is no way we could figure this all out on our own! I have my very own file cabinet where everything gets filed away for the entire year. At the end of the month everything in each folder goes into an envelope and back into the file cabinet. At the end of the year it all goes into a larger envelope and heads of to the accountants. With a small business, I don't want to make any mistakes, so I find it easier to put it into the hands of someone I trust. I'm not talking about those fly-by-night only here in the midst of tax season places that hires anyone and everyone to work there, but a truly genuine accountant that is there year round to answer questions on whether or not my new laptop can be written off (true question) or how much of my electricity bill can I post to them...etc..etc... My file folders break down like this:
Supplies Receipts
Shipping Receipts
Items Sold
Items Listed and Renewed and any other fees
Items Written Off (Broken or Replaced or Lost in the Mail)
Misc.
This helps keep everything in one place so that I don't have to mess around with anything come tax day.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...