Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Delightful December On and On! Day 14 Christmas Crayons

As Christmas break approached the crafts got more plentiful, but the posts got spared! I had zero time with travel for the Holidays and then having my babies at home full time! We had so much fun that I didn't want to waste a minute of it! One of our favorite crafts was making Christmas Crayons! We keep a large bin of old crayons that have been broken or lost their paper. Using silicone trays from K-Mart, I first cut the paper off using an exacto knife (NO KIDS ALLOWED!). I passed them to the kids and they broke them up and stuffed the containers about 75% full. Pre-heat the oven to 325*

I left them in the oven for 10 minutes, but just keep checking to make sure it's all melted! I stirred the cups around with a wooden toothpick to make sure all was smooth and melty. You can let them cool on the counter, but I like the EASY and QUICK way, so I popped them in the freezer for 45 minutes. 

They were perfectly ready for kids to handle and shake out! The kids thought this project was so cool, that they wanted to make a stash for themselves. These were going to be for all the children we would come across during the Holiday Season, but we quickly ran out at our FIRST STOP!!!! I couldn't believe it myself, but even the teenagers were wanting their own set!

We packaged them up 2 to a bag and then handed them out with several sheets of large gingerbread paper! They were so cute and so much fun that even I wanted a set! LOL.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...