Thursday, January 3, 2013

Gingerbread Scented Playdough: An Invitation to Play!

I knew I was fighting an oncoming cold and going outside was going to be out of the question when my Littles had friends over yesterday. After going through some ideas, I had just the right one in mind. I pulled out some goodies to make Playdough!! I pre-poured all of the ingredients so that all the Littles had to do was mix it all together.

MichellesCharmWorld Super Awesome Gingerbread Scented Playdough!
3 cups flour 

1.5 cups salt 
6 tsp. cream of tartar
3 tbsp. oil 
3 cups water 
3 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tsp. Pumpkin Spice
1 tsp. ground nutmeg

Pour all ingredients into a large pot. Stir constantly over medium heat until a dough ball forms by pulling away from the sides. Knead dough until the texture matches play dough (1-2 minutes). Store in plastic container.

I took over the HOT stuff on the stove while they took off to play and then made sure to set it all up in an inviting way. I set them up at the art table all with their own trays and in the middle of the table sat our bins of  dough tools, cookie cutters and plastic knives. This recipe smells AWESOME!!! When my husband came home from work he asked me what I had baked?! Then when the parents began to pick up, they too were asking what smelled so good! It really had the house smelling wonderful all day long. 

After it was all played with and worked into a nice, soft texture, I popped some into jars as take home gifts for the Littles that came to play with us. We had so much fun today and it was great watching them open up to fun!

Photobucket
   Follow Me On Facebook!
   Follow Me On Pinterest!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...