Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Encourage Grazing

As the months start to warm up, I notice that the kids seem to always be hungry and tend to want to eat more at meal time. I try to keep the hunger at bay, by constantly offering a buffet of healthy snacks in between meals. During the Summer months when the fruits are fabulous, I keep the fruits on hand. This will stay out and I change out the fruit for refrigerated replacements every hour. I change out the fruit selection daily and alternate the buffet with fruits and Veggies. Grazing throughout the day helps them eat smaller meals at the other times in the day and that's the perfect thing for healthy and active bodies.
Today this is our fruit spread:
Oranges, Strawberries, Mango, Grapes, Yellow and Red Watermelon.
Vanilla-Cinnamon with a touch of Honey Yogurt Dipping Bowl & Granola.

This week, I am also starting to work on the latest in health advice I have been given and that is to make Dinner your smallest meal of the day. We had a filling breakfast of cereal with fresh berries and toast and lunch was Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas. For dinner I plan on serving up a fresh greens salad from our garden and adding a small bowl of home made chicken soup with the left over chicken from lunch.

Enjoy the day everyone!
~Michelle!~

1 comments:

pnkgeeni said...

Yummy. Can you pass me a banana please? You put so much thought in making healthy eating fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...