Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Note From My Facebook Fanpage..


I've mentioned this in passing before on my FACEBOOK wall, I want to go into more detail. Accessories can do so much for your outfits. A simple white t-shirt and jeans can go bohemian with a hemp bag and wooden hoop earrings. It can go Chic with diamond studs and a simple thin chained necklace. Want to make it funky? Pair your outfit with an ice cream cone necklace and giant bangle. 1 outfit can be many if you take the time to pair it with just the right pieces.

Today, I headed out for a bike ride wearing black leggings and a pink fitted cotton shirt. The shirt has a bow at the top of the collar, so I knew right off the bat, NO NECKLACE. Without a necklace, I had to overcompensate on the earrings to make a statement. I went with my personal M pink earrings from MCW (
http://tinyurl.com/2aj3dod) and then I added a pink Mahjong bracelet (also MCW), to balance out the pink, I added a vintage bangle in black and then one on pink to alternate pink/black/pink on the wrist.

Since I was riding around on a vintage cruiser style Electra, I wanted to add some kitsch to the outfit by bringing along my astro turf bag (complete with gnome!) and my vintage E.T. Messenger bag carried the packages I had to deliver.

Pulled together, it had an eclectic look that make me who I am :) At first glance a little crazy, but it's me!

What accessories are you wearing today? Share!
This is another of my favorite accessories, my black cats eye glasses, click HERE to see!

1 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Sounds colorful and fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...