Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Reviving the Old!



I have recently begun purchasing larger pieces of vintage furniture and such in hopes of breathing new life into them. I keep the price point super low, in case it does not turn out as I had hoped or envisioned! This past weekend, we hit up an Estate Sale where I saw the ugliest kitchen cart in brown. I knew just the spot where it had to go in my studio, but it needed to be livened up. I took a photo of it straight away and then hit the rest of the sale while I thought about it.
It was marked 5.00 and I knew I would be able to talk them down a bit, as everyone seemed to pass it on by. I offered them 2 and it was sold! My husband just shook his head and said: That will go NOWHERE NEAR the kitchen! hahah! I let him know I had big plans for this piece. I knew this was a vintage 50s Cosco kitchen cart, so the enamel had to be covered with a quality spray paint. I did some research at home and decided on Krylon indoor/outdoor spray paint. From there I researched where I could get the best deal and lo and behold it was on sale at Wal Mart and headed on over. I had narrowed it down to Sun Yellow and Watermelon Pink. Once we got there, I quickly decided on the watermelon pink and it was on sale for 2.37. I bought 2 cans, but only ended up needing 1. Primed it first and let that dry for 1 hour and then spray painted 2 coats and let that dry for 1.5 hours! Voila!
The lighting in my studio is horrendous, it's actually a bold and vibrant HOT pink!

2 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Cute I like it!

sassypackrat said...

Cute I like it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...