Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Feedback Phenomenon...

Ice Cube Tray Ring by MCW 10.00
Sooo....feedback right? I am constantly wondering if it's really a helpful tool or just the bane of my existence. I want it to work similar to Ebays where blank spaces are NOT allowd for Neutral or Negative feedbacks and most importantly, I would love if it would have a POP UP window when someone wants to leave Negative or Neutral. I would love if the pop up window could tell them to CONTACT THE SELLER FIRST! I am sooo 100% make that 1000% flexible and willing to work with someone. But without communication, how will I know what's wrong? I don't pester people for feedback and since over 50% of my customers sign up JUST to buy something from me, I don't get that feedback, so that also makes it a bit of a pain to deal with. So please remember to leave feedback when you receive your item OR contact the seller if you are upset about something. I am thinking of including a little note at the bottom of my stationery that will say something like Don't forget the feedback or something along those lines that also tells them to let me know if they have any problems. I will be working on a mock up of this today and tomorrow.


Then it moves onto my other problem with the feedback system. It's not monitored properly. There is so much vindictive feedback it's not even funny. There are time when I have seen people only leave neutral feedback and with no comment!! There are times when I have seen someone leave feedback for something that had NOTHING to do with the transaction itself and there are times when I have seen someone leave feedback for something they didn't even pay for. I've given a heads up to many of these sellers, that if requested, Etsy sometimes will remove them depending on a case by case basis, I only hope they make the attempt to contact Etsy!

Which of course brings me to my final problem with feedback. Fear?! Yup, fear! I'm a seller on Etsy and i'm terrified of leaving honest feedback. I don't want them to complain about me in the fora, litter my inbox with negativity, or worse yet be totally upset with me. I find myself just ignoring leaving that feedback and letting it sit there and not leaving it haha! I know that I need to be as honest as I want people to be with me, but it's hard. It's hardest being a seller on the site where my feedback actually matters. I wouldn't want them leaving me a neutral in return just because I was upset with something. As a side note I do contact the sellers with which I have problems with first. Customer service goes a long way and unfortunately not everyone has picked up on that yet. Oh well, until feedback is eliminated, I guess I will just stand proud and confused by my 7 unexplained neutrals :) Have a great day everyone! Remember to jump into my shop and look around! This post features all the new goodies found in store!

2 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Coming from ebay I leave feedback automaticaly because it's what we do there so I do it on etsy too. But on ebay it does have some disadvantages, you can't warn other sellers about crazy buyers with a negative. Used to be able to and it isn't fair that only sellers can get negatives now. Anyway I digress...putting a note in with your items asking for feedback is helpful to the buyer to remember to do that and stressing that they should contact the seller if there are any problems can really help stop those angry impulsive negatives. Especially those that don't have anything to do with your product or service ie complaints about the Post Office delivery time. etc. Many sellers don't realize the value of the feedback. I personally read the feedback of sellers whose items I'm interested in and it does influence my decision to purchase.

OurWanderingAdventures said...

I used to leave feedback automatically too, I was actually a HUGE advocate of doing this. Until one time I got burned. I refunded money, gave certificate to shop AND still got the neutral. I was soooo bummed and learned to think twice about the feedback thing. On Ebay I automatically leave feedback and always have, but so far I have been lucky enough to not have any problems over there! haha! It's been awhile since I've listed anything over there though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...