Thursday, March 12, 2009

Get Creative!

New coffee shop inside our new library
It's time to get creative in your advertising! Desperate times call for desperate measures! We can't all afford billboards and television commercials, but there are other ways! We've discussed papering towns with your business cards and fliers, social networking sites and the like.
So I started thinking about how I do ALOT of work at coffee shops, book stores and the library. I'm always at a little table with my drink of choice in hand. Sometimes when I get in a rut, I find myself looking around at the other people sitting there, many with their own computers. I make eye contact with so many people doing the same thing as I am, people watching. Then an idea started brewing. I go EVERYWHERE with my laptop, I am a wi-fi junky. I also noticed that there are so many people that lug theirs around too. So my thought was.....I wonder what all these people are looking at behind thier screens. More ideas in my head and I went to research what would work. I finally found something that would work and I ordered it straight away! Now I am subtly advertising to people wondering what to check out next.

I had a decal made up for my laptop back!! I am constantly staring at little apples on Macs and whatever other brand laptops are out there, so I thought was a PERFECT space to put up my little Ad! It's eyecatching, informative and PINK! To get your very own just look up Custom Window decal, that's all this one was, it is supposed to go on your car window. MAKE SURE that it's not one that is mirrored to go INSIDE your car window! haha! Otherwise you will have a backwards ad on your computer! So, if you were bored at a coffee shop and had your internet on, wouldn't you be curious enough to check out my site?

23 comments:

Sewlutions' World said...

I like this idea!

BlenderBach said...

what a cool idea for your laptop!

sassypackrat said...

That is brilliant! I'm totally doing that...whenever I get a laptop! LOL!

Rosemary said...

That is a great idea! I hope it drums in some business for you!

cabin + cub said...

Great idea! Maybe you'll get a spike in visits every time your in the coffee shop! :)

Ashley Pahl said...

What a fab idea! Go Michelle!

Wood N Goods said...

What a great idea. It is very eye-catching.

Staceydotdot said...

this is a fab idea Michelle!
its great that some people like yourself think outside of the box!

Anonymous said...

fantastic idea--thanks for sharing!

Patrice said...

oh my gosh! That is amazing and brilliant and fabulous and.... well, you get my point! LOL

Anonymous said...

that is a GREAT idea!
If I saw you I would totally check it out :D

Typing Princess said...

I am humbled by your genius. Too cool!

heather knitz said...

very cool!

Anonymous said...

Great idea!

pnkgeeni said...

That is such a great idea. I would definitely look at your site. My laptop's only left the house once.

Authoritaters said...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRILLIANT!

now SHE's an entrepeneur! (is that how you spell it?

Now you can show other people who accused you of being a bum around at home mom to kiss your creative behind!

Woooooooooooooooo yeaaaaaaaaaah!

By the way thanks for following my bloggie, it means alot to me, it's nice that I have a systematically growing audience that I can make art to XD hehe, make art to, how dodgy XD hurray for humour in the vulgarity section!

Go Michelle! Go Michelle!

CraftingWit said...

That is a fantastic idea!!!

KayzKreationz said...

That is a great idea. I'll have to do that to my computer. Thanks for the post and the idea.
http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com
http://KayzKreationz.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!! You are a true entrepreneur.

Home Deconomics said...

Brilliant! I can honestly say I've never seen this before. Now if I can just keep my hand-me-down laptops from dying every year!

elodee said...

I think it's an amazing idea!

missknits said...

what a great idea!! i need to get one for mine! i got a decal for my car - but laziness has prevented me from putting it on! thats my task for the weekend! lol (i hope!)

Ooty said...

what a great idea!!!
I have a little surprise for you in my blog =0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...