Tuesday, December 22, 2009

OUCH!

On my way to the hospital in the morning and I had to sit in the backseat! My dad and husband took me while my mom watched the kids at home. They already started treating me like a Princess. It was nice, but I knew the worst was yet to come!!

I didn't have to wait long, since I pre-registered over the phone yesterday. Here I am getting my IV in and lo-and-behold, a miracle occurs, the nurse comes in to tell me that the Doc is running early and I will be heading in next!! That never happens!! I went in about 1 hour early!
Here they are wheeling me away! I told my husband no crazy hat shots, but my dad told him to do it, so here i am trying to look glamorous in a hair net!

Surgery was about 32 minutes and here I am all swollen and creepy! I was sooo woozy from the anesthetic, that I only wanted to sleep. That is until I realized how FREAKIN swollen my uvula was, that no matter what position I was in, I couldn't get it out of the way and it blocked my breathing. Grrr...

Record timing again! 1.5 hours later, I was signing discharge papers, I just wanted to get home!
Almost 2am and you can tell I have seen better days, I'm exhausted and still can't sleep due to the swelling. I have been taking the NASTIEST tasting medicine EVER and that's not helping at all. My fridege doesn't make ice chips, so my husband has been making them for me non stop and that's not helping either. The only thing that helps is sleeping sitting up or standing up. Just becareful! I almost fell over 2 times.






4 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Oh you poor thing! Hang in there and soon you can eat ice cream and then feel more like a princess!

pnkgeeni said...

Poor baby. Milk the Princess treatment for as long as possible. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor thing... I hope you recovered fast :).

Nadine said...

Poor thing... I hope you recovered fast :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...