Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's Tray Tuesday!


Hello friends! It's Tuesday and that means it's time for Tray Tuesday! This is brought to you by myself, Michelle and Nicole over at Mama to 4 Blessings! (she will be joining me next week, but check out her blog, it's fantastic!!) I've said it over 100 times here on my blog, presentation is EVERYTHING and it makes such a difference when little ones sit and eat! 
Grabbing my tools of the trade and getting ready to put together a tray, often gets my creativity juices flowing! I love getting creative in the kitchen! It's pretty much the highlight to my day. I know as the school year begins, I will get a bit more strapped for time, so I am probably going to start with a themed tray to make it all go easier! For today, it's just a little bit of everything that I had on hand! With a busy weekend, I didn't make it to the grocery store for my long trip and was only to make a quickie stop for essentials.
I found that fun plasticware and food picks often make the kids laugh and smile too, so those always help the meal go by quickly and happily! Today's tray was full of fun foods that are their top favorites! 
Left To Right Top Level:
Carrot Sticks, Cheese Cubes, Oyster Crackers, Apple Cinnamon Rice Cakes, Chocolate Rice Cakes, Pepperoni, Cucumber Sticks (garden fresh!), Carrot Sticks
Left to Right Bottom Level:
Apple slices with cinnamon, Grapes, Yogurt, Raisins, Animal Crackers, Grapes, Apples Slices with cinnamon! 
*The apples were all fresh picked from our favorite orchard!!*


The kids are loving tray Tuesday and are starting to ask for them more often! I think these will become a fun after school snack now! Next week, I think I am going to do a rainbow tray! Let's see if I can manage it! hahah!!! Now, link up your fun food! It doesn't have to be in an ice cube tray for the first week, but it's a fun challenge to try in the future!
This awesome tray is on my WANTED list! I am heading to a Container Store this weekend, so I should be able to stop in and pick it up! I just hope they have it in stock. 3 columns makes it perfect for creativity and I could put together 1 column per child! LINK UP!



Photobucket


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...