Friday, October 28, 2011

Fun Tip Friday!

It's inevitable, as parents there are going to be times (okay, every single time) that when we go shopping, our little ones go with us too! The trips to TARGET are the worst, my children always ask to LOOK in the toy aisle and then they end up BEGGING for something. I really don't like looking like MEAN MOM, by saying no all the time, but there is a time and a place. I came up with an idea that has worked WITHOUT fail each and every time! Whenever the children ask for something, I pull out one of the tiny notebooks above (they each have one with their name on it). I ask them to write down what it is that they want and these are their WISH BOOKS. Now they have idea books when family or friends or even Santa ask what they would like for their birthdays and holidays! If they really like it, they sometimes ask to take a photo with my phone and print it out to place into their books. They even enjoy cutting things out of the Toys R Us BIG TOY BOOK every Holiday season! So much fun for all!!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...