Friday, October 7, 2011

It's Practically Here...

Well, the day is practically here! I am packing my bag, as I am being picked up at 11:30 this morning to check in to our hotel and be gone for the weekend. Today, I pick up my bib number and reality will certainly hit. All those months of training are now down to this moment on Sunday. Where did the time go? I remember just getting my registration confirmation ticket!

I really hope this fortune comes true! Glory is exactly what I will have when I cross that finish line. It's been many runs of worry and fighting bouts of nerves and the like. I still cannot believe that this is the last blog post I will put up until next week, when it's all over!

THIS is what I tell myself when my legs begin to go numb and I don't even know what is going on around me. At least I had the guts to try, to sign up and to get to the starting line. I won't be in the lead, heck I won't even be NEAR the front, but I am there and I am trying and I am having this moment that I will remember for the rest of my life.

THIS is something that I have to keep telling myself over and over again! When I reach mile 12, I start to get negative and tell myself that I'm not even half way there yet. It really is a MIND game and I must get out of my head and just GO!

OH YEAH! I've come too far to just give up, believe me, when I first started on those initial long runs of 5,6,8 miles, I used to think, WHY?! WHY?! Just QUIT, Just GIVE UP, who will really care? You know who will care the most? ME! I know sitting on the couch, before I had even signed up, I thought yeah right, no thank you. THEN once I started training seriously, I realized giving up is the EASY way out. I'm not about to take the easy way out when I have something to prove to myself and to my head and something to show my children! It's not easy getting to this point, it sure as heck isn't any fun, but you know what? I don't regret a single moment.

Ummm.....yeah...Please keep my mother and I in your prayers on Sunday!


  On Sunday, we will OWN Chicago!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Lisa Noel said...

I will be thinking about you Sunday! Good luck!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...