Friday, February 13, 2009

Love is in the Air

cxaz 

Wow! So Valentine’s Day is finally here! I can’t believe how swiftly this year has been going. It’s almost surreal! This weekend brings upon us a Hallmark Holiday, you know where the card, candy and flower and Jewelry people all try and sell you their goodies and let you know that your loved ones will know you care if you buy them something. Well, isn’t that just foolish? And yet people flock to the stores year after year and buy, buy, buy. This year the gifts may not be as lavish, but there will still be gifts. There always are.Guess what? I’m a sucker for these holidays! haha! I hate cards, flowers and candy. I’m just not one that likes stuff that will die, you eat or just get thrown away. Get me a good book and I’m yours. As a kid, my parents always got us something special on Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day (and we’re Mexican!!), pretty much any little holiday. It made us feel just a little extra special than every other day. It made it fun and something to look forward to. So here I am, a mother of 3 and doing the same thing! My husband is fabulous at these sort of holidays, he likes to hide cards and presents and watch me find them. I love that this year this fun holiday is on a Saturday, so we are together all day. There is nothing romantic about the day, it’s just about being with loved ones. Our children join us a nice place for dinner and it’s more about LOVE itself than being in love. I like keeping it a day of being with our family. So now I’ve babbled on and on that it’s time for the reason I am here! HAHAHA!

 Let’s pop into our shops and change up our featured items! Let’s make them holiday appropriate! You never know those last minute shoppers are still out there! Don’t forget about my giveaway going on this weekend! check it out, I will be picking the winner on Monday! Have a fabulously sweet weekend and go ahead, let the holiday take you over just a little bit! I won’t even let you know that I decorate for these little holidays too…oops…

3 comments:

LeelaBijou said...

Great post, as always! ^_^

Leah said...

Love that new pink heart charm! Happy Valentines day!

Leah said...

Love that new pink heart charm! Happy Valentines day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...