Thursday, June 16, 2011

Workbench Fun

When the weather took a turn for the worse, we headed indoors and got our minds working quickly! What better way to get our minds working and our hands to, than to hit up Dad's work bench! The kids decided they wanted to work with hammers and screwdrivers, so I scrounged up what I could and we got to work!
Yes, I let all my children work with the hammer (ages 6,5,3) and they all were very careful and took turns. This scrap wood was picked up at a hardware store for .29! A giant bucket of mixed nails was 2.50! Such great deals for a project that lasts awhile to create and then the kids play with forever!

We added screws into the mix too and the kids had such a fun time playing HANDY MANNY! haha! My 3 year old got into this project the most, but he's always been such a hands on learner!


Then came time to pop on the rubberbands, once again I let them each do it separately. I gave each child 10 at a time and they had so much fun getting them mixed up and pulled taut!

The finished product looked cool enough to hang up, but once I leaned it against a wall, it became another game! They started rolling marbles all the way through and trying not to let them fall out the side! It's amazing how much fun this little project turned out to be!



Photobucket

Have You Added Me Yet?

It's Playtime at hands on : as we grow

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...