Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chicago Marathon News

I know father's day was a couple weeks ago now, but it's been a busy and hectic summer for me! I am now getting around to updating you on my Chicago Marathon training.  As I mentioned before, my mother and I are running the Chicago Marathon on October 9th of this year. I am terrified and excited all at once! Over Father's Day weekend, we went to the Nike Preview on Chicago's Lakefront.


We arrived just before 6am and took a scenic and glorious jog along the lake from the Shedd Aquarium to Navy Pier and back. It was so nice and fun, it just stunk that I was at the tail end of bronchitis. That was interesting to run with! haha! 

They sent us our fundraising information for Ronald McDonald house Charities and that really set us into panic mode! haha! $2000.00 is what we have to raise and we have until October to do it! YIKES! If you are looking to help out in any way, you can donate as little as 1.00! Every little bit helps this cause! PLEASE CLICK HERE to donate.  The money goes straight to RMHC, I just have to send everyone to the link and well run the marathon of course! haha!! 

There were a lot of awesome Nike goodies for sale at the preview and I fell in love with and had to have this awesome shirt (It says 10.9.11 Sunday Funday)! I'm excited to take on this new and fun adventure, but of course 100% scared! YIKES!

Photobucket

Have You Added Me Yet?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...