Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ice Cream You Scream, We All Scream for Math!

By now, many of you know that I am an out of the box thinker! I love to find new uses for so many things that I need to keep a notebook on me to keep my mind from just exploding. While shopping at our local teacher store, I came across some really cute Bulletin Board decorations that sent my brain into overdrive! At 4.99 each along with a 5.00 coupon, I was SOLD!

I printed up money amounts in a regular document (any assortment from .01 - 20.00) and then used a glue stick to pop them onto the ice cream scoops. The idea of this game is to give the children a certain amount of money and they will give you the ice cream cone that you can buy! You can see in this example that I gave my daughter 6.40. This is an awesome lesson in money recognition, math and imagination too, since we make up a whole ice cream parlor to go with it!
Of course it wouldn't be a regular post of mine without upcycling at least 1 thing and here you go! I store this game in a cleaned out Ice Cream container! How awesome is that?! The kids couldn't believe how 'REAL' this was! haha!
There they are, all tucked safely inside! Everything you need to play this game is right inside and ready to be used!
We are now ready to play ice cream store!


Have You Added Me Yet?
Follow everything I do throughout the day with the little ones!


Photobucket


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...