Monday, November 17, 2008

Customer Service Is Key

Pretty Bow Bracelets by MichellesCharmWorld


Hello Shop owners and shoppers! Tis the season for Christmas shopping and it has definately begun. It's time to start thinking about our business practices and how we are treating our customers.


Emotions. Keep in mind that while what you write may sound fine in our heads often times can seem rude or patronizing in an email. Internet selling is so difficult because we really don't know the feelings and emotions behind words. I have recently heard back from sellers from different sites that customizing an item to my likes was NOT WORTH THEIR TIME. Yes, said just like that. Maybe they did not intend it to seem so harsh, but it really did stun me for a second. Another message said that the answer to my question was in their profile section and had I taken the time to look there, I would have found it. Very Very odd practices in business.




Questions. Please take the time to answer all your messages, even if they are not something you want to deal with at the moment. I have 4 conversations to sellers out there at the moment and not one of them has replied. I have definately removed items from my favorites and will not be buying from them at this time if ever. Sometimes it's just a quick question about an item, that could be answered in no time. It's too bad really, because you don't know what you could be missing out on by neglecting a response.





Trades. We don't all trade and we may not trade all the time. Heck, I limit my trades to one a month, so that I don't lose out too much on any money. When someone messages you a trade request, get back to them. Even if it's just to say no. I'm so bad about these because I feel so guilty saying no, but I know I have to respond. Guess what? 8 times out of 10, those people have still bought the items they wanted to trade for!! Yay!





Customer Contact. When you sell something to someone, don't forget to thank them for their order! I have been getting really bad at this lately because I get so busy and keep putting it off, then I forget who I messaged and whom I didn't! I am trying to get back on track!!




Feedback. Try and leave feedback in a timely manner. It's pretty hard to get them all in order, but maybe schedule a time or day to catch up on them. I'm sticking with wednesdays! It seems to be the day when i've calmed down from the hectic weekend. As a Buyer please remember to contact sellers FIRST if you have a problem with the item before leaving negative or neutral feedback. It's so easy to fix most problems and many of us are so willing to work with you!




14 comments:

Leah said...

greattips to remember, thanks so much, I love those little ear rings!

Jenn said...

GREAT article, Michelle!

sassypackrat said...

Great business practices! Everyone could use a reminder.

Bethany said...

Very nice to see there are still people out there who believe customer service is not all gone in business...Great post :) So happy to have met you through Lollishops! Your work is soo amazing and makes me smile :D

HeatherPride said...

I agree - it's so important for people who sell anything to be in tune with their customers! I can't believe some of the rude comments you have gotten. I guess they're not interested in repeat business!!

Pnk Geeni said...

great post and tips. i've always tried to do all the above.

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Thanks so much for the visit everyone! I'm glad this touched a good note with everyone! Sometimes I get so caught up in the glory of sales and the drama of custom orders that I forget a simple thank you can make someones day!

Creative Minds said...

Very cute!

I wanted to invite you to check out my blog:

http://creativeminds2008.blogspot.com

We'd love to have your items adverstised in there!

Rebecca said...

Great blog post :-)

LeelaBijou said...

Absolutly great post!! ^_^

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Yay! I'm so glad everyone loved this posting! Sometimes I feel like i'm just rambling on to myself about nothing anyone wants to hear about! haha!!

nina said...

about those odd responses to your custom orders. I don't think there is a better way to read them that will not sound awful. No matter how you do, it'll still sound mean and terrible. I wouldn't ever shop from those sellers if I found out who they are (convo me on etsy if you want to share ;) )

HeatherPride said...

I agree - it's so important for people who sell anything to be in tune with their customers! I can't believe some of the rude comments you have gotten. I guess they're not interested in repeat business!!

Creative Minds said...

Very cute!

I wanted to invite you to check out my blog:

http://creativeminds2008.blogspot.com

We'd love to have your items adverstised in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...