Monday, November 17, 2008

Finding Your Inner Glamour Girl


Do you ever notice how a perfect fitting pant can make you feel slimmer? (mine is the 7th Avenue wide leg pant from New York and Company) A great pair of shoes can make you feel sexy? (Working on a new pair of Marc Fishers in Black) A new bag can bring on feeling of exhiliration you may as well have just won the lottery! (This is one of the tope 3 on my Christmas wishlist)I'm an accessories whore and I don't use that word lightly! I totally mean it. I covet them like crazy and buy them when I fancy them. I am usually not commited to one brand and like to give them all a test run. I stick my feet into 10.00 pumps from Payless and have even been known to own a way too expensive pair of Purple Ostrich stiletto boots by Nine West. One of my most loved bags is a 10.00 clearance find from Target and I also have a Coach and Dooney Collection that really needs to be slimmed down! I don't quite care about the price so much as how it makes me feel. This weekend I found love in a coat and shoes. I already own the coat and am working my way to the shoes! This black coat from Nine West was to die for the minute I slipped into it. It was warm, glorious and I swear angels were singing as I zipped it up. My entourage agreed that it was truly Fabulous (alright it was really just my father, husband and kids) and right then I knew the coat had to be mine. I walked down Michigan Avenue that night with my head held high and my bag swinging trustily by my side (small Coach wristlet). Even though my feet were killing me (Last years $9.00 black stiletto boots from Payless) and I was pushing the worlds crankiest kid in a stroller, I felt great. Yes, accessories can truly transform a person into somebody that they always knew they were deep down inside. Glamourous, here I come!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am such an impulse shopper sometimes. I spent wayyy too much time on zappos yesterday and had to hold myself back from buying 5 pairs of shoes. I'm still on a search for the perfect black coat.

But hey, what good is money if you don't spend it sometimes on things that make you feel good. :)

Keala Legacy said...

Hey... can I borrow your purse?? ;)

LeelaBijou said...

wow, gorgeous purse! I´m speechless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...