Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Will I Own The hour?

Dessert Table Necklace by MichellesCharmWorld 25.00

I came across a new website yesterday, just as I was browsing the net and my favorite haunts during naptime. It's called OwnTheHour. It's like a big showcase or treasury sort of thing. The advertising is 1.00 for the hour. Here is where it gets dicey. People think 1.00 an hour is too expensive and others think it's worth a try. Me? I bought the slot! What's a dollar? I didn't buy the whole day, just one little hour during my busiest shopping time on Etsy. They are advertising on Facebook and other social networking sites. You can find more info in their ABOUT section. I could either sit and join the nay sayers and complain about that dollar or go ahead and make a tiny little investment and see what happens. All it takes is one person to want to buy your items. How many of us spend more than that on a project that goes horribly wrong and just has to be tossed out? So is the jury still out for you? Or will you go ahead and check it out? Let me know your results! You can check mine out at 12pm lunchtime!!


I will twitter about, Facebook my status and send out a bulletin on Myspace too! For today, my Iced Passion Fruit Tea won't be a Venti and guess what? I'm alright with that!

Image captured by Glamasaurus!!http://blog.glamasaurus.com/

10 comments:

Nicole said...

im blogging about your blog today! this entry in particular!
<3 nicole

umlauf said...

nice! I'm giving it a try, too, I figure, what the hey, it's only a buck. Good luck!

OurWanderingAdventures said...

thanks for dropping by guys! No sales, about 40 hits and 1 new heart on the item about 10 new shop hearts. So good exposure, but probably from other sellers as opposed to new buyers.

Joelle Dolce Bebe said...

Thank you sweets for sharing that!
How does everyone do all these sites? im off to twitter for a sec. but not sure why. or if it helps?
Good Luck & have fun!
Joelle XO

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Joelle, I'm addicted to twitter, but it's just fun! haha! I don't think it helps other than bringing traffic in! No sales yet from there.

Earmark Social said...

i was just on this site today! I need to really check it out, I have been hearing the buzz around etsy town :) I might give it $5 of my budget, I know I am a big spender! GREAT BLOG!

LeelaBijou said...

I didn´t know about this, thanks for sharing it!

Leah said...

best of luck with all of that promoting, let us know how you go!

RedThreadDIY said...

Hope it's OK - I just added a link to your blog post on the OwnTheHour myspace! You can check it out here:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=434755692

MichellesCharmWorld said...

thanks for dropping by guys! No sales, about 40 hits and 1 new heart on the item about 10 new shop hearts. So good exposure, but probably from other sellers as opposed to new buyers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...