Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years Goals...

Strawberry Cake Necklace by MichellesCharmWorld 15.00
We are closing the year soon and it's time to think about our Ney Years goals! I know, I know, like resolutions, they are always forgotten come January 15th haha, but it's time to stick to them! These are for our business. There are plenty of things that we want to say are goals, like get 100 sales or 20 hearts etc. but these are things that we truly cannot control. We need to think along the lines of scheduling time we spend online, setting an amount of time dedicated towards marketing our shop or coming up with a new line.
Butter and Jam on Toast Ring by MichellesCharmWorld 10.00
1>I have recently purchased a lot of new items that I plan on using in craft shows. I plan on doing at least 6 next year. It's perfect, since I have a family life that I hate to neglect and it's just enough to keep me visible. I don't like to overdo it anymore.

2>I have recently purchased my domain name, so I plan on figuring out how to do a web site for that page. I will use my dot.com on my business cards and direct people from there. I need to figure out how to build the site and decide what I want to do with it.

3> I will start seeing what sites work best for me and stop spreading myself around too much. Off the bat I checked out 2 new sites and listed a handful of items there. (Lollishops and ArtFire)
The views have been less than stellar to say the least and that's with my promoting. I am not wanting to lose any money, so Artfire was free and I figure I will just let that ride out, until my listings expire. Lollishops was 12.00 for the pieces I listed and after supplies, marketing and time, I have profited 20.00 this month. These sites are still too new and the stats on both are showing that yesterday I had a total of 5 views in my Artfire shop and 2 in Lollishops. It was my little guys birthday and I was not online at all. I won't even compare those 2 sites to my more established Etsy site. Those 2 are still new. I will definately have a review coming up on these sites soon. Right now I think they need more time to mature as a selling venue. I need to realize that it may just not be where I want to put my time right now.

4>I will be opening up a small stand at the largest festival in Mexico in April of 2009. My goals for these are to make sure that I have enough stock and business cards on hand for that month. If anyone will be in Aguascalientes, Mexico at the Feria in April, please look me up!
There are a few more goals that I have set up for myself in line with balancing my shop and family life since I have become more popular and need more time there and my little princess starts school too, so there will be volunteering and driving and such. A lot will need to be reshuffled now.

9 comments:

Melissa @ Silly Bee's Chickadees said...

The festival sounds awesome. I look forward to seeing pics!

Ooty said...

Best of luck with it all!!
I don't even want to start thinking of mine...:-P

sassypackrat said...

You have such a good head on your shoulders. Reading your blog always puts things in perspective for me! I'm also in the process of figuring out what sites are best for me and where I need to put my energies most. Best of luck in 2009!

ShinyAdornments said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShinyAdornments said...

Hi Michelle,
Good luck on your 2009 endeavors.

I love visiting your blog. :-)

I’ve listed and ranked by traffic a big list of places to sell handmade online.
Where to sell handmade

Lots of comments from folks and I’ve included interviews from some of the venues listed, with more to come. Might be helpful in determing where to spend your online advertising $$ next year.
:-)
Kristy
ShinyAdornments.com

Anonymous said...

nike shoes

Anonymous said...

age of conan power leveling

Anonymous said...

handmade jewelry

Anonymous said...

fashion jewelry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...