Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Twitter and You....Do You Tweet?



Twitter, is by far the easiest of all the socal networking sites and probably, the most addictive!
I signed up because I had heard about it in the Etsy Forums and figured 'what the heck'. Little did I know that it was not as complicated as I was making it out to be! hahaha! You literally just type in that little box what you are up to at that moment, your thoughts, feelings etc. You can also use it to tweet your shop, blog, cool finds on the net and all that, BUT don't go crazy! Every morning, I tweet my blog post, then throughout the day I will usually promo 2 items from my shop on Etsy and then in the evening, I will promo my Lollishops shop. I usually do the promoing when I am about to step away from the computer for a bit, because people usually don't respond to that kind of stuff and I don't want to respond to people too late. I use the Twitter Search to find people that are interested in the same things I do and also post my link in my blog, Myspace and Facebook accounts that's how I got a majority of my followers. The rest found my link in the Etsy Forum threads. Check them out if you are interested the pet peeves that people have, anything major you shouldn't be doing, but alot of it petty! haha! People get uptight over so little lately. I have lost followers, and while sad that's fine too, new people are constantly signing up!



Tweet Birdie Necklacy by KLACustomCreations 39.90

My pet peeve? When you Follow me, I follow you back and then you Direct Message me and THANK ME for the follow and tell me to check out your shop. That's direct Spam, and I unfollow right away. If I like your tweets, I check out your profile and then click on your link. I've found some great blogs that way!

Another Annoyance? When you follow me, I follow you and then you unfollow me. So I unfollow you and the VERY next time I check, you are following me again! Don't try and up your followers by just adding random people and then unfollowing them to be able to add more to your list.

Use Twitter as a fun way to meet new people and you will have a blast! Use Twitter as a way to just spam with every post you get and you will find youself rather lonely.

Twittering Lovebirds Necklace by MichellesCharmWorld 10.00

Simple Ways to Tweet:

1.)To respond to someone directly use this symbol in front of their name @

I would be @MichellesCHarmW

2.) To follow someone Click on their name or profile link, depending on where you find them and then just click the little Follow button

3.) to Unfollow someone, click on their name or link and click on the FOLLOWING icon under their avatar and it will open up a little box, click REMOVE.

It's really easy! Their are no hidden tricks or anything, just straightforward chat about what's going on in your life! Don't forget to add me!


2 comments:

LeelaBijou said...

Great post! really good as always ;)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Yeah--I love to Twitter! I really didn't think I would when I first started, but it grew on me! lol
Smiles, Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...