Friday, December 19, 2008

Peeking into Myspace!


Gahhhhh! Yup, that's how I feel with the whole Myspace thing. I am going to keep this one pretty short, because I have nooo clue how to do it. I signed up and added my mini in from Etsy, I will be putting in a Lollishops one too. I posted my link in my public forums and I had people add me then. This is me on Myspace and it's as basic as it gets! haha! I have much younger family members that live on Myspace and the way I make this site work for me is to give them free goodies every now and then in exchange for keeping my mini on their page! I have 2 high schoolers, a college gal and a young 20 something. They keep my mini in a prominant spot on their Myspace page and a discount code EXCLUSIVE to their site, so I can see who brings in the most people. I'm thinking of also running some kind of ad on my Myspace to see if anyone is interested in adding my mini to their page in a prominant place in exhange for a gift certificate to my shop, as an incentive for them to keep my mini up after they have gotten the free treasures, if I get a sale directly from their coded site, I will give them something extra! I'm still thinking of just how to do this the right way :)

I mainly promote my shop by using the BULLETIN feature, this seems to work best, since all of my friends usually don't visit my site daily and everyone gets the bulletins, so this way they can choose to click if they see an interesting title. To post a bulletin just click on POST bulletin, type out the details and then follow the prompts to publish it! Use a catchy title! The key here is NOT NOT NOT to be spammy and throw out more than 1 bulletin in a row and I would say 2 max in 1 day. Make sure it's a catchy title so that people will be inclined to click. Be sure you are keeping track of your codes so you know what is working in your promtional blitz! Now get out there and Myspace to the best of your abilities!







Simple Myspace Don'ts and Do's


DO NOT message people about your shop directly! post bulletins, the other way is spammy and annoying it will get you unfriended (I probably made that word up!)



DO NOT post your mini or link to your shop in other peoples comments, it will get your comment deleted and most likely blocked if you keep it up.



DO NOT post multiple bulletins it's annoying and will keep people away from your shop if you are posting 3 or 4 things saying the same thing!



DO DO DO keepy uour avatar EYE CATCHING! When you post a comment, people will be more inclined to click on your avatar and check out your profile, seeing your mini and if they like that your shop too!


In Shop news, buy today in my Lollishops Shop and get a free bow necklace! (In my choice of colors). Buy a bow necklace for you and get a free one for a friend, buy anything else in the shop and get a free bow necklace for yourself! Check it out and get something fabulously sweet!

6 comments:

Ooty said...

best of luck
you can add myspace
www.ooty.myspace.com
=)

Diary of a Young Designer said...

good luck, I'm trying the bulletin thing myself this is my myspace so add me up: http://myspace.com/funnypeopleco

Crystal Raen said...

I love myspace. I've been using it just to keep in touch with old friends but I do the bulletins when I add new things to my etsy shop, etc. http://www.myspace.com/crystal_rae if you wanna add me!

Also! You've been given an award, stop by my last blog to pick it up!

Amy said...

:) Woot u can add my shop myspace if u want!
http://www.myspace.com/mamaslittlemonkeys

:) Cute blog! :)

glutenfreegirl said...

:) Woot u can add my shop myspace if u want!
http://www.myspace.com/mamaslittlemonkeys

:) Cute blog! :)

The_Frustrated_Writer said...

good luck, I'm trying the bulletin thing myself this is my myspace so add me up: http://myspace.com/funnypeopleco

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...