Monday, May 2, 2011

Craft in a Minute!

 
 Corn syrup painting is one of the BEST and quickest go to projects in our house. I always use disposable muffin tins for this. Just take Light Corn Syrup and squeeze however much paint you think you will need and then add in about 3-4 drops of food coloring.
Draw your designs FIRST in black crayon and then paint within those designs, you will be left with the SHINIEST pictures ever! This is my daughters painting DAYS after it has dried! 1 note: This is VERY sticky, so be sure to only use brushes and rinse them thoroughly once you are done.
What is your go to craft?
~Michelle!~

10 comments:

Unknown said...

My go-to project is finger painting... I definitely want to try this one! My 4yo will love it!

danielle @ RLR said...

You are just TOO creative! You totally need to relocate to the little cape cod two doors down and host art/craft class for my kiddos!

...danielle

Krafty Max Originals said...

How wonderful! I may have to try this with my kids this weekend!! ~KM

LearningIdeasGradesk-8 said...

Love your site! You are so creative.
Marcia :)

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Thank you everyone!! I love things that can be pulled together at the last minute and offer hours of entertainment!

PussDaddy said...

I have never heard of it. It sounds like an ant magnet tho.

PD

OurWanderingAdventures said...

haha, it may be! We just throw it all away in a bag and into another bag and into the garbage bag in the garage when we are done. Nothing to store! Love stuff like that!

Sherry said...

Ohhh - I love this project. I am going to send this over to my grandkids - I am sure my daughter will love doing this with the 5 year old. My favorite "go to" craft as an adult is many different things... right now it is making jewelry. I love beading... with big beads so I can see the results quickly. I need instant gratification. :) Cheers!

The Tote Trove said...

I never heard of this before, but it sounds like a great idea. I like the shiny factor (but then, who wouldn't?) And the picture came out great :)

Unknown said...

thanks for finding my blog, love your ideas. returning the favor and will follow via twitter too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...