Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fun with Words!

My kids love to read and write! We even journaled about Spring Break and write small entries daily. I think this is something that the kids will enjoy looking at in the future. I'm always looking for fun and new ways to learn words and such, but I also like to include my little guy! I recently came across a fun word game What's Gnu and it's a great game for the big kids, but I wanted to adapt it for the youngest. I printed out some alphabet sheets and grabbed my magnet set from TARGET. His favorite part is sliding the letters out on the What's Gnu game, so he slides and then puts a magnet on the matching lower case letter. It's a great way for him to keep the Upper Case and Lower Case letters fresh in his mind! I love it!
I love to use games in ways other than what they were intended for, it's a way of getting more bang for your buck! Here we are using classic Boggle in a fun way. I shake it up and make a list of words that they can then find. It's like a big word search, since they have the list. Once they have familiarized themselves with the grid in that way, they then can move the letters around 1 at a time to create new words! It's basic, but they are learning and best of all, we are all doing it together!!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...