Friday, May 20, 2011

Word Find Fun on Friday!

 
My son is learning his sight words and sometimes flashcards get so boring (WAY more than sometimes!) and we need to change it up a bit! This past weeks homework was to SEARCH for words, a hunt of sorts. All boys love to go on treasure hunts and once you kick in a magnifying glass, it seems to be so much more fun.
His job was to look for sight words in a Newspaper Article. I took a newspaper page that had many small articles on it and broke it up into multiple little assignments. With each column I wrote at the top of the paragraph what word he was going to be looking for. 
We started it out easy with first looking for one of his favorite letters, so he understood the concept and then we moved on to searching for 1 word at a time!

He loved using his magnifying glass and hi-liter and when the homework was completed he gave me a hug and a kiss and said:

I love this kind of homework!

Moments like that make me feel wonderful and give me goosebumps, does that make me overemotional? 

What gives you goosebumps?
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...