Friday, April 1, 2011

Button Snakes

I'm obsessed with buttons! I love the colors, the sizes, the shapes and even their ages! They all seem to have a story to tell! I wanted to let my kids in on my obsession with some of my newer buttons (the non-vintage kind!!) and found the perfect activity!

I gave my youngest son a pipe cleaner and let him have at it for the first time and he sat so quietly, it allowed me to finish emptying the dishwasher! Next, we worked on colors and rainbow order, so I gave him direction on which to put on the pipe cleaner. He loved this and even clapped for himself! After we were done, he asked me if I would wear it as a bracelet! So, I plan to accessorize my outfit for BTU Chicago tomorrow with this new handmade bracelet!
Linked up to Tot Tuesdays!

5 comments:

JulieRudd said...

So cute! I am such a huge button lover too!

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Thank you!!! There is just something about buttons right??

The Tote Trove said...

I love buttons too, especially those grab bags you find in craft stores. Your son did a really good job on the bracelet; I especially like the rainbow colors :)

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Thanks!! Love the craft store grab bag! Those are the perfect ones for projects!!!

rachelle | tinkerlab said...

I love all the colors -- you will totally rock that bracelet, Michelle! And aren't those projects that fully engage kids in deep concentration the best?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...