Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thrifty Thursday!


This weeks thrifty purchases were less than 7.00 and some were exactly what I had been looking for! I love going thrifting and finding great things! Each and every one of these items was purchased with a plan for something except for those adorable picket fence trays! They were too good a deal to pass up for 1.00 for all 4 of them!!!!

I will start at the birdhouse and work my way clockwise:
Bidhouse with 2 baskets, this is really too Country for the style we have working in our home, but it was PERFECT to hold little bits and baubles at our nature table! (.99 can you believe it???)

Measuring Cups are something that I love to find for the water table and the sandbox and the mad science lab, they are wonderful for kids to use anywhere, even in the bath!! (.10)

5 books all for upcoming lessons we have this Summer and going on right now, except for Travel Mates (Perfect for the upcoming trip to Northern Wisconsin this week and Minnesota next month) and Mommies are for counting stars, I just thought that was sweet! 2.45

Avery Labels will be great for the kids to make their own stickers for their Sprng Break Journals. (.49)

Little Dragonfly Wooden Basket, for holding their salt and pepper shakers in their pretend kitchen. (.49)

Plate Stands are something I use to display books. I find that when you pull out a book from the bookshelf, it becomes a fast favorite! (.49)




The plate holder becomes a book of the week holder, holding a rock collecting book purchased today too!!

I added the BIRDS book too, since we are still studying birds and going to be making another bird feeder very soon with different materials this time! What are your latest thrifty finds?
~Michelle!~

10 comments:

Justine said...

This makes me want to go out right now to the thrift store to see what I can find!

OurWanderingAdventures said...

I know right?? I totally want to go out and thrift too! hahaha!!!

LBB said...

Great finds! I love the "hunt" almost as much as finding great stuff :)
( p.s. I got my circle cutter @ Michaels- it's Martha Stewart. Love that thing! You can make so many sizes!)

OurWanderingAdventures said...

AWESOME!! Thank you!!!

angie said...

looks like a pretty good score!

Unknown said...

Awesome finds! I'm jealous :) My kids started calling it treasure hunting a few years ago, they love it as much as I do. I also have a post on my blog about our recent treasures if you'd like to check it out...
http://bit.ly/ieDJqI

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Thank you all!!

I love treasure hunting! haha!

We get such a kick out of tag sales, we leave early with a cooler packed with snacks and juices and water that it can be a nice and inexpensive way to spend the day together!

Andrea . Charcoal and Crayons said...

Amazing! So much for only $7... and I love how you tie everything together to help your children learn!

Mary said...

Awesome finds, lovely! You hit the jackpot!

The Tote Trove said...

Who doesn't love a great find? I know what you mean about making the countryish fences work, too (I'm not a countryish person either). Sometimes it's even more fun to take home something you normally wouldn't and turn it into "yours."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...